Jennifer Kessinger is a co-founder of Global Trade Expertise with Tammie Krauskopf in 2007. She is an attorney licensed in California who specializes in international trade law. She provides her clients with customized solutions to their problems by negotiating with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the U.S. Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), the U.S. State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), among other government agencies.
Ms. Kessinger's principal areas of representation include conducting import and export compliance assessments, creating Export Management and Compliance Programs (EMCP) and customs compliance written procedures/processes, export licensing, export classification, deemed exports, tariff classification, customs valuation, country of origin determinations and marking, and utilizing special trade programs (such as NAFTA, U.S. Goods Returned, and GSP). Ms. Kessinger also represents clients in quasi-judicial proceedings before federal agencies and has successfully petitioned for the release and mitigation of claims in CBP seizure and penalty cases as well as OFAC, BIS, and DDTC penalty cases.
International Trade Experience
- Global Trade Expertise, Owner/Attorney, Walnut Creek, CA, 2007 - present
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Director, Worldtrade Management Services practice, San Francisco, CA, 2000-2007
- Katten Muchin & Zavis, Attorney, Customs & Trade practice, Chicago, IL, 1997 - 1999
- U.S. Court of International Trade, Law Clerk to the Honorable Jane A. Restani, New York, NY, 1995 - 1997
- Hastings College of the Law, J.D. 1994
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A. 1990
Admitted to Practice
- Illinois (currently inactive status)