As part of its ongoing efforts to improve outreach, BIS will continue to create and supplement the materials regularly. The initial launch includes the first half of the Essentials of Export Controls seminar that BIS currently offers around the country, as well as five pre-recorded webinars covering a variety of topics. The training modules are presented in a video streaming format. The pre-recorded BIS webinars were conducted over the past year and focus on specific export control issues.
The Online Training Room currently provides 3 training modules:
1. Export Control Basics
2. Classifying Your Item and Determining If You Need a License
3. General Prohibitions including Prohibited End-Users and End-Uses & Activities
Also included in the Online Training Room are BIS' previously conducted webinars:
1. Reexport Controls (March 12, 2008)
2. An Introduction to Commercial Export Licensing Requirements (Spanish) (October 18, 2007)
3. Intermediate Deemed Exports (August 29, 2007)
4. Update to China Export Control Policy (June 20, 2007)
5. An Introduct to Commercial Export Licensing Requirements (May 15, 2007)
BIS states, "We wll continue to create and update content for the online training room, and would welcome your suggestions for how to further improve our outreach efforts."